cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger condition just false

Hi! 

I am pretty new to power automate and are in the process of building my first flows. I d like to update a date field when a certain state of an opportunity is hit. 

The flow is pretty easy but my trigger does not work:

It should trigger when I give an opportunity a certain state (i choose from a option set). As a dynamic field I can choose the "Aktuelle Phase value" field.

However it doesn t work as a trigger for "equal to" condition - neither with the value of the option 100.000.12 nor the actual description (eg "08_Einrichung bei Kasse". It just shows false.

Lele_23_0-1595319089470.png

Moreover I wondered which primary key to enter for opportunity in the "update data" action field as I just want this flow to update the opportunity which was updated and triggered the flow?

Thanks so much!

Best

Leif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@Lele_23 

To troubleshoot your issue, I suggest the following:

• Immediately before your condition add a compose action
  • Set the Compose action equal to Aktuelle Phase value by selecting it from Dynamic properties
  • Change the value of an item to the value that you are trapping - 100.000.012
  • Once the Flow runs, take a look at the compose action in the run history.  Is it the value that you expected?
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

@Lele_23 

To troubleshoot your issue, I suggest the following:

• Immediately before your condition add a compose action
  • Set the Compose action equal to Aktuelle Phase value by selecting it from Dynamic properties
  • Change the value of an item to the value that you are trapping - 100.000.012
  • Once the Flow runs, take a look at the compose action in the run history.  Is it the value that you expected?
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,706)