cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LJSven
Helper I
Helper I

Trigger doesn´t start while enter a new entry in Share Point

I created a trigger which says that it should start when a new item was added to a share point list - but today it doesn´t start anymore. I tried it on several sharepoint lists with various flows, but none of the started - when i enter the flow into the TEST mode, it works fine.

It worked for some days, but today it´s not working anymore. Any idea where i can search for the fault? Another trigger is working fine, but not this trigger.

18 REPLIES 18
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

how are you adding a new item to the list? Manually using create new item OR by copying it from somewhere else?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
LJSven3008
Regular Visitor

I just go to the list, press the „+“-Button / new item. Before it didn’t worked anymore i tried to create a new form via

Power Apps / not sure if there is a connection. But several Lists with several flows are not working.

LJSven
Helper I
Helper I

It is strange that the flow worked in the night for 2-3 items but now it stopped again.

OliverR-82
Resolver I
Resolver I

Can you check the Settings of the flow trigger to see if there are any trigger conditions specified, just to be sure?

OliverR-82_0-1614853059157.png

OliverR-82_1-1614853077960.png

LJSven
Helper I
Helper I

No, there is nothing mentioned - see screenshot

screesnhot.png

OliverR-82
Resolver I
Resolver I

Is this a flow that runs very often? Could it be that the flow has been throttled because you are exceeding the run limits of your plan? Refer to the MS documentation for the limits. This should only become a problem if the flow runs hundreds or even thousands of times.

LJSven
Helper I
Helper I

I don`t know - the flow starts during the programming phase around 100 times a day.... where can is see, if it´s a limit on my account?

OliverR-82
Resolver I
Resolver I

On the page where you see the flow's run history, click the 'Analytics' button at the top.

OliverR-82_0-1614854553566.png

That will give you a graph with the total action requests per day. You can then see if you're exceeding the limits for your plan (see the MS documentation link I provided in my previous post). To find out which plan you have, you should probably contact your IT administrator.

LJSven
Helper I
Helper I

I`m getting an error message on the flow - also an all other flows.

screenshot error.png

LJSven3008
Regular Visitor

No i got the data from analytics - is this the issue that it is not working anymore? I`m using "Power Automate Free"

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-04 um 17.07.36.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-04 um 17.07.13.png

The flow is still not working in normal mode!  

LJSven3008
Regular Visitor

This is the plan we have

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-04 um 17.14.21.png

LJSven
Helper I
Helper I

Is this maybe a problem with the Database? It looks that there is no free space - but i don´t know where  have a look on it and why the 1 GB is totally full?!

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-04 um 18.13.55.png

Yes, that is one possibility. Empty some space and see if that helps. 

Power Automate Community

Can you let me know how to do it?

LJSven
Helper I
Helper I

This morning the flow is working again - so far i can see - but how can i get this data & database down?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-05 um 07.07.00.png

Check if the following techniques can be implemented?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/free-storage-space

Free up storage used by flow approvals

See Delete approval history from Power Automate.

Power Automate Community
LJSven3008
Regular Visitor

Okay - i´ll check it. Is it possible to send a push notfication in general when a flow failed with error message?

Yes. You will have to implement the Push Notification action after the action that fails and change Run after settings to run the action only when the earlier action fails... Refer example below...

PrasadAthalye_0-1615167206333.png

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,397)