Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gayathri_TU
Helper II
Helper II

Trigger email - When a particular set of columns modified in Sharepoint List

Hi All,

I need to develop flow that will trigger email to user when particular set of column modified in Sharepoint List.

I have Sharepoint list with almost 40+ columns  in that if modification made in specific 20+ set of columns , I need to send email to user which column is modified and also the old and new modified values of the particular columns

Can you please help in developing the above logic , happy to discuss more in detail .

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Gayathri_TU , you can use "When an item or a file is modified" trigger for the flow, then add Get changes for an item or a file (properties only) action, this action will give you details of which columns have been modified. Then you can get previous version of item using "Send an HTTP request to SharePoint" action to get the old values of columns. New values of columns you can get from the trigger, sample flow shown as below to see how you can configure these actions:

Screenshot 2021-01-28 211651.png

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Gayathri_TU , you can use "When an item or a file is modified" trigger for the flow, then add Get changes for an item or a file (properties only) action, this action will give you details of which columns have been modified. Then you can get previous version of item using "Send an HTTP request to SharePoint" action to get the old values of columns. New values of columns you can get from the trigger, sample flow shown as below to see how you can configure these actions:

Screenshot 2021-01-28 211651.png

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
Gayathri_TU
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @annajhaveri 

Thanks for the Quick response,

Also I need to Send email to the users when particular set of columns are modified(about 20) among 40+ columns , can you suggest me the logic to implement the same.

@Gayathri_TU , you can add condition action and configure below expression to determine if column value has changed or not. Please note this expression is for two columns, you can add more columns in the expression. Replace test1 and test2 in expression with you column internal names.

or(outputs('Get_changes_for_an_item_or_a_file_(properties_only)')?['body/ColumnHasChanged/test1'],outputs('Get_changes_for_an_item_or_a_file_(properties_only)')?['body/ColumnHasChanged/test2'])

and configure the condition action as follows:

annajhaveri_0-1611905843792.png

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Gayathri_TU
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @annajhaveri 

It's working great,Thanks.

One more thing I need to send the values in the email body : Column Modified currently and Old value of the column in tabular view , can you please help me with that.

@Gayathri_TU  yes sure, as i mentioned in my previous replies, to get the old value of column, use Send HTTP Request to SharePoint action to use REST API to get previous version (old) values

annajhaveri_0-1611916351213.png

After adding the above action, use below expression to get old values, replace title with you column internal name

body('GetVersion')['d']['Title']

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Gayathri_TU
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @annajhaveri 

How to get only display name form people picker field? in mentioned formula

body('GetVersion')['d']['Title']

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (3,415)