cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger flow manually - send email - update item (SP)

I am looking to build a flow which is triggered manually to send a notification but parallell to that I want it to send an email with follow on action to update an item in SP list I am writing back too (so I can update status).

I have built the flow but am stuck at update item as the dynamic content for the SP list is not available so I am unable to select the relevant ID field to enable write back to SP. I would expect that when I am linking the flow action to the SP site address and list name that the dynamic content would be available, this is what is preventing me continue and save Smiley Sad 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Trigger flow manually - send email - update item (SP)

Hi @Basic_User007,

Do you want to create a flow to send an email and update SharePoint list item when it is triggered by a Button?

When using the action Update item, we are asked to specify a unique identifier for the Id field. Before the action Update item, please add the action Get items, then filter out the specific item using a Condition with a common value.

Please take the following flow for a reference.

1.PNG 

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Can you post a screen shot of what you have so far?  That might help in clarifying exactly what you are attempting t accomplish.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Basic_User007,

Do you want to create a flow to send an email and update SharePoint list item when it is triggered by a Button?

When using the action Update item, we are asked to specify a unique identifier for the Id field. Before the action Update item, please add the action Get items, then filter out the specific item using a Condition with a common value.

Please take the following flow for a reference.

1.PNG 

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi Mabel, 

Thank you for your response. I will apply the Get item and test this end - looks to possibly be the missing link (hopefully). 

I will keep you posted! Smiley Happy 

Hi @v-yamao-msft

So the Get Item worked perfectly - what is the purpose of adding this? Does this create the link back to the SP item to then create the next step/link? 

The only issue I have now is that it updated all items but I want it to be selective so will need to have a tweak or re-think on the steps - ideally I want it to update the item of the email address I have sent the email too - this is part of the manual trigger. 

Thanks for your help

Hi @v-yamao-msft

Managed to adapt a condition to select ID required to update so all singing and dancing now. 

Just need an option to duplicate a Flow as I need to re-create the same for an additional final step so this would be perfect considering 99% of my elements are the same - does anything exist or work in progress for this? 

Thanks again! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 320 members 3,675 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: