cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mathilde_g
Regular Visitor

Trigger flow when only the content of a SharePoint document is modified (not the properties)

Hi all,

I want to create a workflow that triggers only when the content of a document is modified, but not when the properties are.

I tried using the "When an item or a file is modified" but it also triggers when a property is modified, which we do not want.

EDIT (for more precisions) :

We added our own "Status property" to the documents, and we want it to be updated to a specific status when the content of a document is modified.

Do you have any hints please ?

Is it only possible to achieve this ?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@mathilde_g 

Have you tried When a file is created or modified in a folder?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Thanks for your suggestion, but it seems I cannot fetch the document ID with this trigger, and I need it for the next actions.

Here are more details :

We added our own "Status property" to the documents, and we want it to be updated to a specific status when the content of a document is modified. So we have to fetch the document ID too, and it looks like it's not available in this trigger.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (3,250)