cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nixlyn
Regular Visitor

Trigger for specific choice in multi-checkbox column

I've spent more time than I'd like to admit on trying to figure this out. I'm relatively new to PA. I have a checkbox column that users can select multiple items from. (Example: Red, Blue, Yellow, Green). I only want to trigger a flow if Red is one of the choices. How on earth do I do this? It seems so simple yet I cannot figure it out. Thank you in advance...whoever answers me is my hero.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nixlyn
Regular Visitor

I figured it out with the help of this post (thank you!) 

As mentioned in the post, using the ID of the choice will do the trick. However, the choices cannot change order, or the trigger will be incorrect. To get around this, create a List with your choices and use the column instead! This way, the ID of the "choice" doesn't change.

Example:

1. Create a new List with choices.
List name: Colors
(ID is automatically assigned by the system)
Red - ID 1
Blue - ID 2
Green - ID 3

2. Add that Lookup column to the List you're trying to trigger from and allow multiple selections.

3. Trigger your flow based on the List item ID. This example triggers if one of the choices is Red
@contains(triggerOutputs()?['body/Color#Id'],1)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nixlyn
Regular Visitor

I figured it out with the help of this post (thank you!) 

As mentioned in the post, using the ID of the choice will do the trick. However, the choices cannot change order, or the trigger will be incorrect. To get around this, create a List with your choices and use the column instead! This way, the ID of the "choice" doesn't change.

Example:

1. Create a new List with choices.
List name: Colors
(ID is automatically assigned by the system)
Red - ID 1
Blue - ID 2
Green - ID 3

2. Add that Lookup column to the List you're trying to trigger from and allow multiple selections.

3. Trigger your flow based on the List item ID. This example triggers if one of the choices is Red
@contains(triggerOutputs()?['body/Color#Id'],1)

View solution in original post

Hi @nixlyn 

Thanks for your posting here and sharing the solution in the forum as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters similar issues.Please consider Accept your answer as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly!

Best Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,476)