Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marty3012
Helper II
Helper II

Trigger notification email after adding an existing form in Teams

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to trigger an email after I add an existing Form in Teams. I have searched the forum and found lots of information on how to trigger an email after a Form has been submitted, but not when an existing form template is added.

Apologies if this has been discussed in other threads.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Marty3012,

Currently Flow has no way of identifying the type of new message, so there is no way to monitor if an existing form has been added.

If you want to function that you mentioned to be supported in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

In addition, I found that if you add Forms, the name of the attachment will start with "Fill". Maybe you could use the following method to judge:

Expression:

@and(startsWith(items('Apply_to_each')['name'], 'Fill'),equals(body('Html_to_text'), 'Tab conversation has begun.'))

83.PNG

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Marty3012,

Currently Flow has no way of identifying the type of new message, so there is no way to monitor if an existing form has been added.

If you want to function that you mentioned to be supported in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

In addition, I found that if you add Forms, the name of the attachment will start with "Fill". Maybe you could use the following method to judge:

Expression:

@and(startsWith(items('Apply_to_each')['name'], 'Fill'),equals(body('Html_to_text'), 'Tab conversation has begun.'))

83.PNG

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That works! thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,642)