cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Trigger on create N:N Relationship in CDS

Hi,

We are migrating workflows to flows and the data model is fixed. We have a requirement to trigger a flow when a relationship is established between two entities in a N:N relationship. Since CDS creates a third entity in between to do the mapping, the idea was to take the CDS (current environment) trigger and configure it on the create of the in between mapping entity as "xxx_xxx_entity1_xxx_entity2. We also tried to suffix it with "Set", but the trigger gets corrupted saying the entity is not present in the metadata cache.

However, whatever we try, the flow is not getting hit. No run history is present neither. Is this caused because it is an "invisible" entity? Is there a workaround to achieve this? Since it's a migration, there is no possibility to create the "third" entity ourselves.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Trigger on create N:N Relationship in CDS

Here is one way you can do it: https://www.bythedevs.com/post/trigger-a-flow-when-a-record-is-created-in-an-n-n-relationship-entity...

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Niels_ ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Alice,

Thank you for your reply.

I've added the screenshot. It's a really simple flow to just see if I get it to work. But the trigger doesn't seem to be hit.

screenshot.JPG

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Niels_ ,

Could you please choose the entity from the drop down list in the trigger?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hey @v-alzhan-msft ,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to do that, since it is an intersect entity, created behind the scenes on the N:N relationship. However, the trigger is registered since I do not get an error when saving the entity is not present. So it does exist! So this should trigger when creating an N:N relationship.

Kind Regards

Niels

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi,

I am also trying to figure out the same thing.  I don't think it is possible though.

I can create the Flow in the same way as @Niels_. The Flow saves fine without errors and I can even refer to the intersection attributes that are outputs of the trigger action in the following actions in the Flow.  The Flow just doesn't trigger when the intersection record is created.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Did you ever come up with a solution or work around on this?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi

No I'm still figuring this one out. Currently on the long-term shelf though

Kr

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Here is one way you can do it: https://www.bythedevs.com/post/trigger-a-flow-when-a-record-is-created-in-an-n-n-relationship-entity...

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks a lot, did the trick

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,647)