cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Trigger when new SharePoint Document Library is created

Hi, I'm looking for a way to trigger a flow when a new SharePoint Document Library is created in a SharePoint Online collection. I couldn't seem to find any way to do it unfortunetly, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

I was also trying to create a dynamic SharePoint list that would update and therefore be a trigger for the same flow, but this doesn't seem possible either.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Trigger when new SharePoint Document Library is created

@swhitmore

So would this be something you are trying to acheive, you have new project, you need to create a new sharepoint folder in an exisitng document library so others can start using it and adding their files.

I do not think you can create a new document library in flow, but stand to be corrected.

If you think my suggestion is what suits you needs better then let me know as I may have some suggestions.

Regards,

Andrew

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks Andrew. I'm not really trying to create a library, only get notified when someone creates a new library.

We are building a new business processes that includes creating a new document library when a new project opportunity is created. I would like to automatically notify the rest of the marketing team when anyone creates a document library for a new opportunity.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

@swhitmore

I am little concerned that the terminology you are using is not as correct as it should be a "document library" I believe is something like the below:

site name/projects

So when a new project comes along you may want to create a new "folder" under the above like:

site name/projects/P 0001 - New Project Name

If the above makes more sense then please let me know as I feel that having 100's of "document library" may be the wrong way to go.  Perhaps a SharePoint list with the opportunity would be better and then trigger a flow on that, that then notifies marketing. 

I believe MS Teams can automatically create a new "document library" as part of its setup process, however I am no expert but just trying to understand your issue a little more.

Regards,

Andrew

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Andrew,

The reason for having a document library created over a folder is so that we can do a few things, mainly set permissions for each project and create unique Column default value settings for our custom content type. I don't believe this can be achieved with only a folder.

Regarding the flow trigger, I've started a work around using a recurring trigger and the 'Get all lists and libraries' action. I've then made a condition to filter a list of libraries and check if it's unique. It's not as ideal as simply triggering when a new Document Library is creating, but I can't think of anything else for now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,953)