cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swhitmore
Level: Powered On

Trigger when new SharePoint Document Library is created

Hi, I'm looking for a way to trigger a flow when a new SharePoint Document Library is created in a SharePoint Online collection. I couldn't seem to find any way to do it unfortunetly, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

I was also trying to create a dynamic SharePoint list that would update and therefore be a trigger for the same flow, but this doesn't seem possible either.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
WDRC

Re: Trigger when new SharePoint Document Library is created

@swhitmore

So would this be something you are trying to acheive, you have new project, you need to create a new sharepoint folder in an exisitng document library so others can start using it and adding their files.

I do not think you can create a new document library in flow, but stand to be corrected.

If you think my suggestion is what suits you needs better then let me know as I may have some suggestions.

Regards,

Andrew

swhitmore

Thanks Andrew. I'm not really trying to create a library, only get notified when someone creates a new library.

We are building a new business processes that includes creating a new document library when a new project opportunity is created. I would like to automatically notify the rest of the marketing team when anyone creates a document library for a new opportunity.
WDRC

@swhitmore

I am little concerned that the terminology you are using is not as correct as it should be a "document library" I believe is something like the below:

site name/projects

So when a new project comes along you may want to create a new "folder" under the above like:

site name/projects/P 0001 - New Project Name

If the above makes more sense then please let me know as I feel that having 100's of "document library" may be the wrong way to go.  Perhaps a SharePoint list with the opportunity would be better and then trigger a flow on that, that then notifies marketing. 

I believe MS Teams can automatically create a new "document library" as part of its setup process, however I am no expert but just trying to understand your issue a little more.

Regards,

Andrew

swhitmore

Hi Andrew,

The reason for having a document library created over a folder is so that we can do a few things, mainly set permissions for each project and create unique Column default value settings for our custom content type. I don't believe this can be achieved with only a folder.

Regarding the flow trigger, I've started a work around using a recurring trigger and the 'Get all lists and libraries' action. I've then made a condition to filter a list of libraries and check if it's unique. It's not as ideal as simply triggering when a new Document Library is creating, but I can't think of anything else for now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 316 members 1,877 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: