cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Triggered flow not working for updating an item in a gallery, inside another gallery.....

Hi all,

I am having some trouble with a triggered flow for my Powerapp. I have built a number of these that work perfectly, and in each instant, they are updating a SP List item that is sitting inside a gallery.

This time, I am doing the same thing, but it is for a nested gallery and the Updateitem_Id seems to be the problem. From what I can tell, I can't get the flow to identify the correct item ID to update. My flow is very basic - manually triggered via PowerApps, then Update Item in SharePoint. I have selected the correct list and then used the "Ask PowerApps" dynamic content for the Item_Id field. I have then filled out other fields as part of the Update Item process.

Then in Powerapps, I have Gallery1, then inside that Gallery2. When you select the item, it creates a popup that shows the button that will trigger the flow. The OnSelect property for this button is:

markmilestonecomplete.Run(Gallery2.Selected.ID);Refresh(Project_Milestones);Refresh('Project Planning')

I get the following error: the method 'run' has an invalid value for parameter powerapps 'Updateitem_ID'

I tried creating a variable for the OnSelect property of the gallery item to: Set(varRecID, ThisItem) and that seems to make PowerApps happy, but the Flow still fails due the the Updateitem_Id selected in the Flow......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Helper V
Helper V

Well turns out the Variable did work, just my visual cues in my PowerApp were not - checked SP List and items are updating.
So if anyone finds themselves in this situation, create a variable for the OnSelect property of the gallery item, instead of Select(Parent).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Helper V
Helper V

Well turns out the Variable did work, just my visual cues in my PowerApp were not - checked SP List and items are updating.
So if anyone finds themselves in this situation, create a variable for the OnSelect property of the gallery item, instead of Select(Parent).

View solution in original post

Hello,

Thanks for sharing the issue and the resolution. It can help other community users as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (73,847)