cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tvoss
Frequent Visitor

Triggering Flows

I'm new to all this. I am building a flow to call an API that gathers some data to save to the Dataverse. It works fine when I use a manual trigger (button) but the platform says I can't change that to recurrence. I want to make this happen each day at a certain time. Do I need to write one flow to call another? (and how do I make that happen as I am not seeing it) or try another method?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @tvoss 

Thanks for the screenshot. You don't need the response action step. Delete that step and pass the body of result under the parse JSON step.

image.png

You only use the response action step is when the result is passed to next service or flow and generally that's the last step of your flow.

Thanks

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @tvoss 

Delete the manual trigger and add the scheduled trigger.

image.png

Where it says you can't change that to recurrence? Could you please provide some screenshots.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
tvoss
Frequent Visitor

tvoss_0-1653054025075.png

Hi @tvoss 

Thanks for the screenshot. You don't need the response action step. Delete that step and pass the body of result under the parse JSON step.

image.png

You only use the response action step is when the result is passed to next service or flow and generally that's the last step of your flow.

Thanks

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,099)