cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KMLNN
Level: Powered On

Triggering a flow when a Salesforce object is updated

I am struggling to create a flow when I edit an Account in Salesforce. I want to trigger a flow whenever a 'checkbox' field in Account object is set to Yes (checked) and another field is blank. I have no knowledge of the format used in OData filter and OData query and have already spent several hours trying to get this to work but no luck so far.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Triggering a flow when a Salesforce object is updated

Hi @KMLNN,

I think there is something wrong with your formula within Condition box, please take a try with the following formula within your Condition box:

@and(equals(triggerBody()?['Create_x0020_Numex_x0020_Site__c'], 'Yes'),empty(triggerBody()?['Numex_x0020_ID__c']))

Please take a try with the above formula and check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @KMLNN,

Could you please show a bit more about the “Checkbox” field and another field?

Further, could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?

There is no way to check if a field is empty within Filter Query field of “When a record is modified” action of Salesforce connector in Microsoft Flow currently, so I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs within Filter Query field of “When a record is modified” action.

You could consider take a try to add a Condition to achieve your needs:

• Add a “When a record is modified” trigger.
  • Add a Condition, click ‘Edit in advanced mode”, type the following formula:

@and(equals(triggerBody()?['Active__c'], 'Yes'),empty(triggerBody()?['NumberofLocations__c']))

• Within “If/yes” branch of Condition, add “Send me an email notification” action.

Image reference:5.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:6.JPG

Please check and see if the following article would help you understand the usage of OData query:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/SQL-OData-UTC-Now/m-p/71005/highlight/tr...

More details about OData Query in Salesforce, please check the following article:

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=odata_query_string_options.htm&language=en_US&r=https%3A%...

Best regards,

Kris

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
KMLNN

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 13.27.21.pngHello, thanks for the reply. The fields that I have in Salesforce are marked in the attached screenshot.

I also tried the formula you provided, replaced your variables with the ones that I wanted to use, but my expression is being evaluated to 'false' and therefore the required steps are not working.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 13.43.56.png

KMLNN

Hi, any thoughts?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @KMLNN,

I think there is something wrong with your formula within Condition box, please take a try with the following formula within your Condition box:

@and(equals(triggerBody()?['Create_x0020_Numex_x0020_Site__c'], 'Yes'),empty(triggerBody()?['Numex_x0020_ID__c']))

Please take a try with the above formula and check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,668)