Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mon2
Frequent Visitor

Triggering a flow

Hey, 

I have two flows:

1. First flow which modifies/updates the list of items with required information (in my case all list items a modified/updated)

2. Second flow which is triggered when the item is modified/updated (so basically with the first flow)

My problem is, that I only need to trigger the flow one time, but as long as all items are modified/updated my flow is trigger as many time as how many items are in the list. Is there a possible work around this problem? 

mon2_0-1619180759237.png

Thanks for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You'll need to put a trigger condition in the second flow that only triggers it when a column in the item is a particular value.  In the first flow set the value that will trigger the second if it should run, and then in the second set the value so it won't trigger again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You'll need to put a trigger condition in the second flow that only triggers it when a column in the item is a particular value.  In the first flow set the value that will trigger the second if it should run, and then in the second set the value so it won't trigger again.

View solution in original post

mon2
Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much for your answer. 

Maybe you could give me a example how to create particular value in the first flow? 

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Add a text column to the data source called "Update".  In the first flow when you update the item set that to "New" if the second flow should run. Since you are using the Created or modified trigger for the flow you must provide some logic to decide when to set the column to New or the second flow will run every time the first flow does.

Then in the second flow's trigger add a Trigger condition in the settings like this

@equals(triggerBody()?['Update'],'New')

When the second flow runs change the "Update" column value to "Updated".

You'll probably need something similar in the first flow to make sure it doesn't run a second time.

@not(equals(triggerBody()?['Update'],'Updated'))

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,327)