cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mart1
Frequent Visitor

Triggering by new item, multiple content types with different columns

Hi,

I have a flow which triggers on 'new item in a sharepoint list'. There are 5 content types (CT's) in the list.

• CT1-CT5 have col_X (optional string)
  • CT1-CT4 have col_Y (mandatory string)
  • CT-5 is missing col_Y (by design)

I have added an 'update item' action setting col_X for all content types. However, when processing CT-5 I get an error that col_Y is missing from the triggering item.

It seems that the 'update item' action is adding some expectations to the trigger. I don't need col_Y to be present when processing CT-5.

I've tried to imply col_Y optional-ness by assigning concat(col_Y, '') but it isn't working in this case.

Question: do I need to move the 'update item' action to a separate, callable flow, to fully decouple it from the 'new item' trigger?

Apologies if this isn't fully explained - the browser timed out and I lost a more detailed explanation; I had to type it all again from memory!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,861)