cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mart1
Frequent Visitor

Triggering by new item, multiple content types with different columns

Hi,

I have a flow which triggers on 'new item in a sharepoint list'. There are 5 content types (CT's) in the list.

• CT1-CT5 have col_X (optional string)
  • CT1-CT4 have col_Y (mandatory string)
  • CT-5 is missing col_Y (by design)

I have added an 'update item' action setting col_X for all content types. However, when processing CT-5 I get an error that col_Y is missing from the triggering item.

It seems that the 'update item' action is adding some expectations to the trigger. I don't need col_Y to be present when processing CT-5.

I've tried to imply col_Y optional-ness by assigning concat(col_Y, '') but it isn't working in this case.

Question: do I need to move the 'update item' action to a separate, callable flow, to fully decouple it from the 'new item' trigger?

Apologies if this isn't fully explained - the browser timed out and I lost a more detailed explanation; I had to type it all again from memory!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

PWREduCon768x460.png

Join us at PWR EduCon - A Power Platform Conference

Learn from the top Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate & Power Virtual Agents experts!

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Users online (2,588)