cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DebV
Level: Powered On

Triggering from an Update to Excel in Teams

Greetings,

I'm trying to develop a new flow that triggers from an update to an Excel file in Teams. What I want to do is when the Excel file is updated, the Flow will check the content of a specific field and copy to a separate Excel file, also in Teams, if that content matches. What I can't find is a trigger that says "if Excel is updated copy to Excel".

Am I just missing something incredibly obvious or should I be looking in another direction?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Triggering from an Update to Excel in Teams

@DebV 

Hi there!  So, a bit of a weird story here:  there are no triggers in Excel (yet).  If you can move your data to a SharePoint list or even the Common Data Service, you'll be able to do what you want.  But if you're wanting to stay in Excel, you might want to look for a creative workaround.  I imagine it won't be too long before we see triggers in Excel, but for now... 😞

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@DebV 

Hi there!  So, a bit of a weird story here:  there are no triggers in Excel (yet).  If you can move your data to a SharePoint list or even the Common Data Service, you'll be able to do what you want.  But if you're wanting to stay in Excel, you might want to look for a creative workaround.  I imagine it won't be too long before we see triggers in Excel, but for now... 😞

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

DebV
Level: Powered On

That's what I was afraid of. I'll have to figure out some other method of automating the process.

Thank you for your help!!

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

(check the link in my response, if you didn't see it...that has a solution that might work).

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,448)