cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trouble emailing users through an xlsx file

Hi there,

I have set up a flow that is intended to email each person associated with a row in an excel file. Each person should only get an email once, containing information that is in the same row as their name.

I am finding the following problems:

1. The "Apply to Each" is getting stuck on the bottom row. That person sucessfully receives an email but no-one else does.
  2. The person on the bottom row receives all the emails. So instead of receiving one email that has the information about their row, and the other two people also receive one email each, with information specific to their row, the person in the bottom row gets three emails, each containing the information the other rows (one row/ email).
  3. Finally, I have a variable set to translate the excel serial date to a string. This works (I see all the dates in proper date format in the read-out after the flow has run) but only the date from the bottom row is included in each of the three emails. Which is really strange as the rest of the information comes across correctly. 

E.g: In the table below, Georgia Green gets three emails (she should only get one email that has the information from her row. 

The subject of each email has the name of one of the people in each row. The body of the email has the VendorName, AgreementEndDate, and AgreementTitle relevant to the person listed in the subject field of the email.

What should happen is that Georgia, John, and Sarah should each receive one email, with the information from their row.

Any help solving these issues will be greatly appreciated!

Table_101019.jpg

FlowIssue_101019.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Trouble emailing users through an xlsx file

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm afraid it's hard to understand your intent to configure these variables. The resolution of the screenshots is so low that it's hard to figure out the specific configuration.

But it seems that you should configure the Search for users action and the Send an email action in Apply to each 2, then delete Apply to each 3.

Please take a try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm afraid it's hard to understand your intent to configure these variables. The resolution of the screenshots is so low that it's hard to figure out the specific configuration.

But it seems that you should configure the Search for users action and the Send an email action in Apply to each 2, then delete Apply to each 3.

Please take a try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank Barry, that did the trick!

best,

katie

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,615)