Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
in2217
Level 8

Trouble exporting flow package

Hi,

I have personal MS Office account on my own user. This is the account used to log in to the desktop, Outlook and all the other Office 365 apps.

Then there is another, service, account, I use to build generic flows.

I log in to Flow portal with this service user account.

In the absense of version management in MS Flow, I routinely export Flows at the end of the milestone or just every day, and then store the export package in SharePoint. Just in case we'll need to go back to the previous version.

Until recently I was able to export flows created by service user all right. Now the JSON export works fine, but package export hangs forever.

If I log in to computer as a service user instead of my personal one, then package export works ok.

So I would assume it has something to do with permissions, but there is no clue and what's the matter.

I do know about sharing flows but I would rather not do this at this time.

Question: what has changed in the flow service or maybe our local office 365 setup that broke the process?

Thank you,

Inna

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
in2217
Level 8

Update

I've found that I could log in to MS Office portal -> Flow via MS Edge browser as a service user, while still being logged in to Windows account with my personal user. And then I could export the flow into package format all right. 

So it looks more like browser war. Or just caching maybe.

Either way workaround is good for now. 

With that, I must say lack of the version control in MS Flow is frustrating and adds unnecesary burden to development.

View solution in original post

in2217
Level 8

Solution

With the generous help from our IT wizard we now have a proper solution to the problem.

First the cause:

some cookies from the MS Flow domains were blocked in Chrome despite the fact that all cookies were enabled on the flow editing page.

It appears that the change came with the latest browser update that was Aug 14, Crome 76.0.3809.100.

Solution was to unblock cookies from all the following domains:

• org2006b205.crm4.dynamics.com
  • microsoft.com
  • flow.microsoft.com
  • emea.flow.microsoft.com
  • powerapps.com
  • make.powerapps.com

Not sure if all of these had to be unblocked, but once they were, export was back to normal.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Trouble exporting flow package

Hi @in2217 

Did you tried with different browsers? 

For sharing a flow and ownership have a look at this below link

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/flow/create-team-flows#create-a-team-flow

Add your personal account to the owners list.

You should get a notification about this by email.

Login using your credentials and try the package export.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

in2217
Level 8

Re: Trouble exporting flow package

Thanks for taking trouble to respond. Unfortunately this does not answer the original question of what has changed and how I can get the original behavior back.

As stated in original post, I do not want to turn this flow into team flow at this point.

Thanks

in2217
Level 8

Update

I've found that I could log in to MS Office portal -> Flow via MS Edge browser as a service user, while still being logged in to Windows account with my personal user. And then I could export the flow into package format all right. 

So it looks more like browser war. Or just caching maybe.

Either way workaround is good for now. 

With that, I must say lack of the version control in MS Flow is frustrating and adds unnecesary burden to development.

in2217
Level 8

Solution

With the generous help from our IT wizard we now have a proper solution to the problem.

First the cause:

some cookies from the MS Flow domains were blocked in Chrome despite the fact that all cookies were enabled on the flow editing page.

It appears that the change came with the latest browser update that was Aug 14, Crome 76.0.3809.100.

Solution was to unblock cookies from all the following domains:

• org2006b205.crm4.dynamics.com
  • microsoft.com
  • flow.microsoft.com
  • emea.flow.microsoft.com
  • powerapps.com
  • make.powerapps.com

Not sure if all of these had to be unblocked, but once they were, export was back to normal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 257 members 3,347 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: