cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shreenathgandhi
Frequent Visitor

Trouble updating file properties with Folder Path

I have flow where a create a folder and then save image in it through PowerApps.

In PowerApps I need to filter the folders based on path of images, so I added a column ActualFolderPath to the sharepoint folder.

After creating folder, I update file properties with Folder Path and it works fine, giving value /msdyn_workorder/ in the ActualFolderPath column.

The next action is creating a file, followed by Update File Properties action again, this is where I run into problems.Capture1.PNG

As you can see I have given Folder Path as the value to be saved in ActualFolderPath. But it saves only /msdyn_workorder/ and does not include parent folder of the image.

This is what I get when I test the flow:

Capture2.PNG

In the output part of the test the Folder Path does show the correct value that I want to be saved, but for some reason its not saving it:

Capture3.PNG

So the Folder Path that I am using in first image does contain the correct value but it is not reflecting in the addition column ActualFolderPath

Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shreenathgandhi
Frequent Visitor

Got the solution.

Had to add Get File Properties action after Create File action and then use the Folder Path from that action to populate ActualFolderPath column.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
shreenathgandhi
Frequent Visitor

Got the solution.

Had to add Get File Properties action after Create File action and then use the Folder Path from that action to populate ActualFolderPath column.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (18,495)