cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Trouble updating file properties with Folder Path

I have flow where a create a folder and then save image in it through PowerApps.

In PowerApps I need to filter the folders based on path of images, so I added a column ActualFolderPath to the sharepoint folder.

After creating folder, I update file properties with Folder Path and it works fine, giving value /msdyn_workorder/ in the ActualFolderPath column.

The next action is creating a file, followed by Update File Properties action again, this is where I run into problems.Capture1.PNG

As you can see I have given Folder Path as the value to be saved in ActualFolderPath. But it saves only /msdyn_workorder/ and does not include parent folder of the image.

This is what I get when I test the flow:

Capture2.PNG

In the output part of the test the Folder Path does show the correct value that I want to be saved, but for some reason its not saving it:

Capture3.PNG

So the Folder Path that I am using in first image does contain the correct value but it is not reflecting in the addition column ActualFolderPath

Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Trouble updating file properties with Folder Path

Got the solution.

Had to add Get File Properties action after Create File action and then use the Folder Path from that action to populate ActualFolderPath column.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Trouble updating file properties with Folder Path

Got the solution.

Had to add Get File Properties action after Create File action and then use the Folder Path from that action to populate ActualFolderPath column.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (7,371)