cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MD789
Level: Power Up

Trouble with Dynamics Get List with ODATA query

I'm trying to use Flow to extract an email address from the body of a calendar event, identify the matching client, and create a new appointment record in Dynamics under that client's account. I managed to parse the calendar object and am able to extract the email address. However, I can't seem to make "List Records" to accept my ODATA query. It works if I type a specific email address between single quotes. However, when I use the string function (either inside the query or as dynamic content defined by a previous Compose step) I get no results. If I don't use single quotes around the dynamic content then I get an error. I spent several hours on this and couldn't make it work, would really appreciate any help I can get at this point.

Flow1.pngFlow2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MD789

Re: Trouble with Dynamics Get List with ODATA query

Thank you for the detailed reply. The field is there and there were single quotes around the function. I eventually figured out the issue: The single quotes should NOT be added after the function is inserted into the query. Instead, I needed to type two single quotes without any space between them, then place the cursor between the quotes and then insert the function. Now it works!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MD789,

Could you provide the details of the email address from the body of a calendar event?

Could you provide details of  substring() function and output of it?

I did a simple test on my side, although I don't know how you extract the email address from the body, but as long as it is a standard email address, it should not be the cause of this issue.

I think you could test from these aspects, you may know the cause of the problem.

1. First, the content format filled in Filter Query is roughly similar to: emailaddress1 eq ‘Dynamic content’, single quotes must be added, otherwise it does not meet the specifications.

Please make sure that the content format enclosed in single quotes is the correct message format, and there are no additional symbols, such as semicolons.

The content of the correct Filter Query output should look like this:

23.PNG

2.Please make sure that there is a matching emailaddress1 in your Entity, otherwise there will be no value output even if the Flow configuration is correct.

Or you can use Filter Query first to determine whether the emailaddress1 contains a matching email, or it may be another field.

This is my simple test and it works fine.

22.PNG

24.PNG

Please take a try and let me know if issue still exist.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MD789

Thank you for the detailed reply. The field is there and there were single quotes around the function. I eventually figured out the issue: The single quotes should NOT be added after the function is inserted into the query. Instead, I needed to type two single quotes without any space between them, then place the cursor between the quotes and then insert the function. Now it works!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fourthImage

Australia Summit

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 22 members 4,343 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: