cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Trouble with Lookups in sharepoint/flow

Hi! 

 

I am trying to create a flow to copy a "Project Code" in plain text from a Control list to 2 other lists that use lookups to look at the control list "Project Code". The lookups will pull 3 other fields in corresponding to the "Project Code". The 2 lists in flow will only accept ID's for the lookup fields, and although itI pulls the correct ID when the flow runs, the value it returns for the "Project Code" is always null. 

 

Any advice would be much appreciated, 

 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Trouble with Lookups in sharepoint/flow

Query the list you are trying to save into via flow Get Item for example and see the construct of what is returned in the field value.

 

This will be what you will need to pass in to the field when setting it.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Trouble with Lookups in sharepoint/flow

Hi @MattEvs , 

 

When dealing with information like lookups and choice lists in Flow there is more than one type of data that comes back for a valid choice.  As you mentioned, there is a difference between the ID and the Value in the Project Code.  Sometimes this gets tricky to use when internal names are different than you expect, or an additional key value pair exists for a valid choice.

 

Create a test Flow or add the "Get Items" action in your existing Flow and then run that against your data.  After it runs, open the run instance and find the Get Items action.  You should see a body of information returned which you can look through to see what Flow thinks the ID/Value pairs actually are.  

 

Take care!

Ashley

 

If this response provided an answer to your question please mark it as a solution.

If you liked my reply, please give it a thumbs up! Thank you!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Trouble with Lookups in sharepoint/flow

Hi, 

 

Thanks for the reply, I have added a get items part previously, which returns the data correctly eg, 

"New_x0020_Project_x0020_Code": "TESTPROG01",
"New_x0020_Project_x0020_Title": "test",
"New_x0020_Project_x0020_Category": "test/test/test1",
 
The issue is, when I go to create a new item in the other 3 lists which have a lookup that points at the data ( which the get item just got from), the Project code field is called Project Code ID and only has ID's in the dynamic content area. There is no Project Code ID in the lists so I assume this is flow trying to match the Sharepoint ID's between the lookup and the master list the lookup is pointing at. How do I get it to either, Allow me to directly enter the right Project Code into the field OR make the ID actually return a the correct values? As currently the correct ID gets pulled, but not values come with it, they are all null.
 
Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,345)