cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Trying to build a flow that Copies an edited file in folder in SharePoint to replace same file in another SharePoint Location

I am new to Power Automate and I am trying to manage files in a SharePoint Location. I am wanting to have a specific location to create and edit documents and then distribute/redistribute after editing them to multiple folders that will use the same files. These folders could be in a separate SharePoint. Wanting to give limited contact to the documents in the main folder. Here is a screengrab of one of my attempts.

For PA Forum.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

please try to use contains instead is equal to, somethime when you have blank spaces you receibe false responses.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @JSchelb 

Must a document that has been modified be available at once at the other SharePoint sites?

I ask as it can happen that while modifying a document, the flow will be triggered several times, each then trying to copy the document to the other locations.

If a modified document must only be available within 24 hours, then you could set up a recurrent flow that will copy all documents that have been modified within the last 24 hours. Just an idea.

You may have to cope with the situation when a copy action fails, due to the target document being locked by someone, unless the locations have read only permissions for all other people.

Anyway, if your flow as you posted it, is what you need, then you do not need a condition, just the trigger action and the copy action should be enough.

If you have several locations to which to copy one document - seems like you have - then you could consider using another list to hold the target location information (site and library).

Kind regards, John

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,682)