cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hassan_
Helper I
Helper I

Trying to build a flow to create a new item CDS Model-Driven App, and fill a lookup field from other table record

Hello

I am new on Power Apps and Power Automate and I'm trying to auto create a new survey when a new Vehicle added to the system, and want to assign an owner to it from the default Owner table. see the below screenshots 

Dear @Mira_Ghaly ,

thank you in advanced. there was a post you explained the steps, but could not follow it, could you please help me on this 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Hassan_ 

Please follow the below steps on by logging into make.powerapps.com, this is how you get schema name, this is the lookup entity that you need to set

Mira_Ghaly_1-1612434503298.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Hassan_ 

You need your flow trigger to be when a row is created - entity : Vehicle

Then call the action: Create Row : To create your survey record

to set the Owner ; I am not sure where are u keeping it? Can u share screens from your tables.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hassan_
Helper I
Helper I

@Mira_Ghaly 

Actually, I use "When record is selected to create it by this "Flow" button, is it OK?  

these are my table above

Hassan_
Helper I
Helper I

When I try to run the flow it says:

CreatFlow5.png

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Hassan_ But you mentioned you want the trigger on Create? Is that correct?

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Hassan_ 

What is the name of your custom table you are trying to pass as a lookup

To pass a lookup /entityschemanameinplural/GUID

@Mira_Ghaly 

Yes, that is correct. and the custom table that I want to pass the record form TTV table to TTS

How can I achieve this

"To pass a lookup /entityschemanameinplural/GUID"

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Hassan_ 

Please follow the below steps on by logging into make.powerapps.com, this is how you get schema name, this is the lookup entity that you need to set

Mira_Ghaly_1-1612434503298.png

Thank you very much Mira

I have created a new tables and remap them together and try again and It works! 

thanks again, and appreciate your fast reply

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,656)