cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rbert83
Level: Powered On

Trying to build an approval flow that uses if=or less than value

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ah6GOxsDl4B_owA4RKUqlxlKQHX1Hello,

Trying to build a workflow that uses the value of a condition with the Less Than or = to, as well as if greater than X. For Examaple.

When a SharePoint List is modified, Run Approvals.

Get 0365 info, etc. etc..

But there are two approval Values. 5K-9999.99 and 10K and up. Need to fork the flow to have two different approval routes depending on Field Amount (Field) which will be a dollar amount listed about. 

Anyone have any ideas?

This is a screen shot of what I'm working with. 

Link to Flow Screenshot

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Trying to build an approval flow that uses if=or less than value

Hi @Rbert83,

I think this cannot be achieved so far in flow as you have 2 condition values, 5K-9999.99 and 10K and up. 

You could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Rbert83

Wouldn't I be able to use a "Switch Case"? Instead of doing 5k-9999 maybed if I broke it up and did if = to or greather then 5k. do this. if over 10k do this? That's the only thing I can think the Switch Case is for but not sure how to try it out.

Highlighted
Timmay313

I know this is an older post but I am working on doing something similar with a Purchase Request list in SharePoint. 

Basicly if the purchase is less than $100 do this, $100 to $1200 do this and greater than $1200 do this. It then looks a a 'Request Type" column and applies it to a switch to then send approvals to the correct people. 

Building the Flow i have When an item is created to trigger the flow. I then have 3 conditions that run in parralel branches with the functionsof 

@less(triggerBody()?['Total'], '$100.00')

@and(greater(triggerBody()?['Total'], '$100.00'),less(triggerBody()?['Total'], '$1200.00'))

@greater(triggerBody()?['Total'], '$1200.00')

The Total filed is calculated off the Qty and Unit Price columns in SharePoint, and is formated to currency with 2 decimals showing.

For what ever reason though it is not working. i have put in values of less $5, $400, and $2000 but it seems like they all go to the Greater than 1200 route. any thoughts as to why?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,746)