cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngreen
Helper III
Helper III

Trying to create a Flow to move data from one SharePoint list to another based on PowerApps data.

Hello, I am trying to use Power Automate to move multiple SharePoint list entries to another sharepoint list entry, if the data in one of the columns matches some text typed into a TextInput in PowerApps. The user inputs text into the TextInput box (For example "Test"), then clicks the Run button and the flow will begin running to go to the first sharepoint list, search through the "Call Reason" column for any entries that have a call reason equal to the text that was inputted (Test). Flow should then grab all of those entries and move them to the new list, while deleting them from the original list. I thought the general structure seemed easy enough to understand, but I can't seem to get this to work. I think it's because of how I have the Get Item step setup, because it forced the ID to be coming from PowerApps, but I'm not getting the ID from there. Any advice?

Flow Help.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @ngreen ,

Instead of using get item action, you should use Get Items action and filter the items by the text you are searching. Have a look at this sample:

flow.png

1) Power Apps button

2) Get the items in a SharePoint list (Tasks) where the column 'Title' contains the word 'Test'. You can use a filter query, using the expression: substringof('test',Title) (be careful que the single quotes around the word you are searching for).

3) For each item found, create another one in the desired list.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

I completely missed that there is a "Get Item" and "Get Items" in Flow...  I do have a question about the Get Items Filter. Since the "Test" text that is input into powerapps would be something different each time, how do I get flow to recognize that for the Filter? The only dynamic content it is giving me is "Getitem_Id".

Hello,

You could create a variable (TextToSearch, for example) and click on "Ask in PowerApps":

flow.png

Then, when you call the flow, you will have to pass its value from PowerApps.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,342)