cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hcomenetz
Frequent Visitor

Trying to create a flow to send an email based on start date in Tasks by Planner

Hi,

I could use some help with a flow. I'm trying to create one that will allow users to tag a task to send a reminder email ahead of the due date in Tasks by Planner. But, I want users to be able to choose whether or not they get a reminder. The best workaround I've found is to use the pink label to signal that the task should have a reminder and cue the email off of a start date. I thought I had it working but I'm getting an error message about the start date step that I'm not sure how to fix. See below for screenshots of my flow and the error message. If there is a more efficient way to do what I'm thinking, I'd appreciate the suggestions! The strange thing is that I'm getting the email I expected from a test task I set up. Thanks in advance for your help! 

hcomenetz_0-1637702951519.png

hcomenetz_1-1637703056405.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @hcomenetz 

Could you share the expression you're using on the "Start Date" action, for the basetime field value? Flow is failing due to the value is null, so we should check the expression. Could it be because the task has no start date?

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @hcomenetz 

Could you share the expression you're using on the "Start Date" action, for the basetime field value? Flow is failing due to the value is null, so we should check the expression. Could it be because the task has no start date?

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,485)