cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Trying to embed an Image into email - Receiving this Error Message

Good morning,

I am trying to embed a picture (company logo) into an email that I will send out via the send email function (v2). 

I am pulling the picture link from SharePoint, and then clicking the "View Original" button and using that link in the compose function. 

View Original Butto0n.PNG

My flow is shown below; 

Flow Error - Send Picture with Email.PNG

But when I run the flow the emails contain an error message  with a red "x" where the image should be, shown in the image below; 

The error message reads - "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file and location". 

I have verified that the file is indeed there and can be accessed via the link in the flow. 

Image Error Microsoft Automate.PNG

The flow seems to work fine, I even utilized the following video to help me build it, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsAfCTCugwU

Please advice, I am working on a project and am really getting frustrated why this is not working. 

Best regards and stay safe!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@DrDak 

Here is a working example:

inline443163346.png

And the email

2.png

The URL to the image has to absolute, and the user reading the email must have access to it.

HTH

Jay

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @DrDak 

Are you trying to embed a dataUri? if so Outlook does not support them...

You need to pass a URL to an image which is accessible to the user viewing the email... if the file is in SharePoint it will not be available to external users without authentication, or internal users if they don;t have permissions to the image file.

HTH

Jay

Hello @Jay-Encodian 

I suppose embed is the improper term on my part. I am just trying to attach an image to the email, almost like a signature. 

Additionally, I currently am testing the email within my organization so shouldn’t the image be pulling up properly?

I’ve  ran this flow before and it’s worked then one day it gave me the error message I described earlier

@DrDak You're flow show's you inserting an image via HTML... are you trying to do that or attach an image as an attachment? Assuming its the former, go to your run history and check the input / outputs on the send email action, you will be able to see the actual HTML used in the email. If the image URL is working for in a browser then it should work... but you need to consider auth could be a factor as if the image is stored in SharePoint it is not accessible unless you are authenticated and authorised.

@Jay-Encodian I am trying to include it in the email, but not as an attachment. I am aiming for something more like a signature, to be used for product and company branding. I am attempting to fix the flow now, I let you know what happens shortly

@DrDak 

Here is a working example:

inline443163346.png

And the email

2.png

The URL to the image has to absolute, and the user reading the email must have access to it.

HTH

Jay

View solution in original post

Hi @DrDak ,

Have your issue been solved according to @Jay-Encodian 'solution?

If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,438)