cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Clarizion
Regular Visitor

Trying to get Calendar Event Description

I am setting up a reoccurring Flow that is used to notify a distribution group of specific events within the Calendar list.

I have created the flow needed to find the event and it works very well.  Not the most efficient but works.

I use a Get Items to collect the events from the list.

Then in the Apply to each I filter the items to take actions on. (I haven't been able to get an oData filter to work even using the le and ge as I have seen in other posts).

I then try to collect the Description and set it to a variable using the expression 'item()?['Description']' but it always come up empty.

ConditionAndSetVariable.png

The problem is that I am unable to determine how to get the Event Description

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Trying to get Calendar Event Description

Hey @Clarizion 

Can you check and confirm if there is an apply to each in the flow? I did it like this and it works as expected: 

Cap1.PNG

cap2.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Clarizion 

Can you check and confirm if there is an apply to each in the flow? I did it like this and it works as expected: 

Cap1.PNG

cap2.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Clarizion ,

Please take a try to add a Compose before the "Send an email" action to save the description dynamic content as @yashag2255 's screenshot.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Clarizion
Regular Visitor

Hey @yashag2255,

Thank you for your reply.   I attempted again with the modification you suggested and got nothing in the email.   I was able to update the GetItems to use an oData filter that limited it to one item (the testing item in the initial post).  So there is only one item that was being reviewed and yet there is no Description data that was collected or placed in the email.   Looking at the run data it doesn't seem like there is any description information in the XML either.  Here is what I have that still doesn't get the description field.

Flow Changes_001.png

The Description information disappeared when I went for a screen shot.  Flow Changes_001_popup.png

The mail result looked like this:Flow Changes_001_mailresult.png

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Clarizion ,

Could you please share a screenshot of sharepoint list?

Please make sure there is a value in the the description field for items in the sharepoint list.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Clarizion
Regular Visitor

@v-alzhan-msft,

Thank you for making me think about this and modify the view to have the necessary column.   I didn't think about the fact that the view itself did not have the description.   I ran the modified version on the new view and it worked.  I was obviously not thinking about the fact that this was pulling a view instead of an actual record from the backend.

This view works.

Flow Changes_001_EventsWithDescription.png

Thanks for all your help.   I am going to mark the original response as a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,275)