cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cardinalpipkin
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Trying to get People Picker email value created by InfoPath Form so can use in PA(Flow)

I'm upgrading workflows in time for 1st November cut off for all 2010 workflows. I have an InfoPath Form which uses people pickers to give permissions in the 2010 workflow. The people pickers in the InfoPath form, when published to the Form Library, create an Account Id column:

asd.PNG

or can make a displayName column. None of these are of Person column type. I've noticed that PA (flow) doesn't pick up these InfoPath generated columns. All I think I need is the email of the user entered into the people picker so I can apply permissions. Is there a way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok. In Power Automate, use substring to extract account name\display name and use following action to get user object. then you can use email property of the action.

Please like and mark this as answer if it resolves your issue.

PrasadAthalye_0-1600194259029.png

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Can you create a column in the underlying list and update that from Infopath? Then you can read it from PA.

Power Automate Community

I don't want to change anything from InfoPath as it's unstable to say the least. Any publishing changes could affect the existing workflows detrimentally.

Is there anyway to get an email from one of these people pickers?

Ok. In Power Automate, use substring to extract account name\display name and use following action to get user object. then you can use email property of the action.

Please like and mark this as answer if it resolves your issue.

PrasadAthalye_0-1600194259029.png

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

Easier said than done 🙂

Our logins differ in length. Can you show me how to extract using substring?

I also need to know how to use Resolve person action as it's giving me an error saying that input parameters are invalid. I simply put the Substring output into the Email or name.

asd.PNG

I'm getting an entityId is null error on the Resolve person. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,273)