Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmangiante
Helper V
Helper V

Trying to get or delete calendar event retrieve an error

Hello,

I have a flow that triggers when I create and modify a SharePoint list; in this flow I create a calendar event on a shared calendar and then save the IDCal in a string field in SharePoint list.

I tried, with another flow, to delete one of the event saved previously but I always obtain the error "The specified object was not found in the store"; I also tried with to get the event with Get Event action, but same error as above.

To be more accurate; I use a shared mailbox and inside it I created the shared calendar; I added various test users to the calendar and without any issue I can write in that calendar; for the user that sign with the connector, I use that of the shared mailbox, even when create the event, and with the last I have no issue.

Any suggestion? I read on other few posts that maybe it is a permissions problem, but I don't understand why I can create the evend and not, at least, retrieve it.

--

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
rampprakash
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @mmangiante,

While creating an event Store the same in MULTILINE text in SharePoint the same way while removing use Delete Event from Outlook and pass the stored MULTILINE Event to delte it and remove the event from SharePoint. If you didn't remove then it may lead to the error which you have stated 

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos

Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA
Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

Hello @rampprakash 

I've already done like you suggested but I have that error; one thing different from what you said is that I stored the IDCal in a single line SP field that has 255 characters limit: I'll try with a multiline field, even if I counted only 153 characters in the IDCal returned from the flow when it creates the event.

--

Regards

Hello @rampprakash 

I tried to store the event ID in a multiline field but have the same error; I don't know if the error depends from the shared calendar.

As said, with a flow I save the calendar ID event in a SharePoint Online field, now multiline and previously single text

flow_delete_calendar_event 1.png

When I click on the button "Richiesta cancellazione" starts another simple flow that retrieve the item and after an approval process try to cancel the event in the shared calendar "Assenze"

flow_delete_calendar_event 2.png

I also done the check to verify if the data in the SPO field is equal when it is passed to the action and it is good, or I suppose so.

One thing that I read is that the error can be tied to permission; I created the shared calendar under a shared mailbox and then added some test users; the connection to the action to delete the event is a user that has permission to edit the calendar (previoulsy I user the shared calendar user but obtained the same error): what other thing could I check or do?

I also tried to retrieve the event with Get Events action, but I don't know ho to create the filter query that works; tried with this in the screenshot but fails with the error "Invalid filter clause".

flow_delete_calendar_event 3.png

Any other suggestion is appreciated.

--

Regards

rampprakash
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @mmangiante,

That was strange i tried the same from my end and its Deleting Event from Calender Successfully

rampprakash_0-1636087430353.png

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos

Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA
Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

Hello @rampprakash 

sincerely I don't know, but it seems that other user are experiencing this; is your calendar a shared calendar? I noticed, with a test flow, that if I create the event in the calendar and then do a get events and cancel it in the same flow, I have no issue, but if I do it in another flow I have the problem even with get events action.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,716)