Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ryanlb96
Level: Powered On

Trying to replicate trello lists in planner

Hi, 

We use trello as a way of keeping track of our projects in terms of their status. Trello is nicer, and easier to use on larger TVs / Raspberry Pis. 

But - I want to create a flow, that will, on a daily basis, replicate the lists in trello, but in planner, so the kanban in planner is always up to date and aligned with trello (Planner can then be used for more flows after). 

Here is my flow so far: 

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

When I run this without the create task, the new bucket creates as expected (although I'm not sure this is necessary everyday, can be removed when all buckets created I guess..) 

The issue I get this this: 

capture3.JPG

Does anyone know how to get this working properly.? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: Trying to replicate trello lists in planner

Hi @ryanlb96 ,

I have checked the 'List Name' in the condition. I make sure they are from different sections.

The code of the two 'List Name' are:"items('Apply_to_each')?['name']" and "body('Get_list_by_id')?['name']",like you flow.

Could you please show the full screenshot of you 'Apply to each' action, I think there are some issue with the action below the 'condition'.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi @ryanlb96 ,

As the error message said, the action of 'Get list by Id' can't return the cards message.

So the 'Cards in List' you have used in the Apply to each is null.

If you want to get the all Cards data of a board. I suggest you use the 'List the cards in a board' action of Trello.

Here I have made a test to get the Cards data of a specific list in a board.

Capture5.PNGCapture8.PNG

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ryanlb96

Hi, 

Thanks for the response. I have re-created the flow you have used, but it failed to run. 

The reason; the condition always returned false. Why would this be? 

Thanks, 

Ryan 

v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi @ryanlb96 ,

Please make sure you have selected the same 'Board Id' with the 'List the card lists in a board' and 'Get list by Id'.

Then check the each step of 'Apply to each':

Capture1.PNG

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

ryanlb96

Hi, 

Thanks for the response - yes, I do, please see below: 

pic1.PNGpic2.PNG

As you can see, I have the same Board ID. When I run, I can actually see the board ID number for both, and it is a match. So I guess that means the issue is with the condition statement itself. 

However, I have exactly what you have? 

List name from the "Get card lists in board" section and List name from "Get list by id" section. Can you double check if you used "List name" from each of those, or if you just used it from the same section twice? 

When I hover over the first listname it says "items('Apply_to_each')?['name']"

When I hover over the second listname it says "body('Get_list_by_id')?['name']"

Is this the same for you? 

Thanks, 

Ryan 

v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi @ryanlb96 ,

I have checked the 'List Name' in the condition. I make sure they are from different sections.

The code of the two 'List Name' are:"items('Apply_to_each')?['name']" and "body('Get_list_by_id')?['name']",like you flow.

Could you please show the full screenshot of you 'Apply to each' action, I think there are some issue with the action below the 'condition'.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,483)