cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to save old emails from Online Archive folder to OneDrive

I am trying to build a flow to copy any email that is moved to Online Archive folder in my outlook to a folder in my OneDrive.

I have been able to create flow that will copy any new email moved to Archive folder & save it as .eml file in folder on OneDrive but this flow only works when the email is new. If i move old emails (received few days/months back) to the folder, then the flow is not triggered.

Any suggestions on how to get the flow working for old emails.

Flow Details:Email Export Flow.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vecerpa
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous,

I beleive that this behavior is normal for this trigger.

I'm just wondering why youwant to archive something what is already archived in your online archive for Exchange online. Maybe it will be better to create local archive folder that will be placed in your OneDrive for Business drive so it will be working as you want and not use online archive.

The solution for your scenario will be to schedule such flow to run for example each day and scan for archive folder, compare against last run that can be stored somewhere and copy to yout OfB drive each email that is newer than such date...

P.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vecerpa
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous,

I beleive that this behavior is normal for this trigger.

I'm just wondering why youwant to archive something what is already archived in your online archive for Exchange online. Maybe it will be better to create local archive folder that will be placed in your OneDrive for Business drive so it will be working as you want and not use online archive.

The solution for your scenario will be to schedule such flow to run for example each day and scan for archive folder, compare against last run that can be stored somewhere and copy to yout OfB drive each email that is newer than such date...

P.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @vecerpa,

Can you advice on how do I compare the archive folder emails with the flow last run to avoid copying over existing email & only copy newly moved emails ?

TT_2007
Regular Visitor

How can I schedule a Flow for all the emails > xxx days old ( from received date till today)

1. move email ( including its attachments) to a SharePoint list

2. Then delete it from the shared mailbox folder/subfolder

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,006)