cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to update a Sharepoint list of from a file that is unknowed by Flow

Hi,

I'm actually building an application that need to delete and add items in multiple lists from multiple excel file and I don't know how to get Value of each field of my Excel Table because Flow don't know it. Can you please help me on this if it's possible ?

Deleting items is working, it's for adding items. I only know the name of the field that is already the same for every Excel file and list but not the value of the line.

Wawan4137_0-1604662181664.png

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Wawan4137 

Are you planning to create list items from an Excel sheet? Then why not use Create Item SharePoint action step instead of HTTP?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @abm , I can't use the create sharepoint action because when i use it, it didn't know the fields of the list because i'm using a dynamic field

Hi @Wawan4137 

Thanks for your quick reply. Ok I understood. So if you thinking you can't see the Dynamic content of your Excel sheet under the HTTP Body parameter that's because of the data type. Add a compose above the step. You should be able to see all the dynamic contents from excel sheet. Once you mapped the compose you can use the compose output in your HTTP body.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Wow really thank you for your answer but i'm a beginner and I didn't understood all of your last message, can you maybe send me an example please ? 😅

Hi

Just above your HTTP SharePoint action step add a compose action step. You should be able to see the Excel column values. Once you mapped the Excel column mapped value you can use the output of the compose to your HTTP. Please see below steps. Add these inside your Apply to each loop.

image.png

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (34,283)