Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
parvchana
Level: Powered On

Trying to use REST API to Check In and Check Out a document in a library

Hello experts / @sergeluca 

I was able to achieve flow trigger when a document is checked in to a share point library from this post

but it is not working when I document is checked out, wondering if there is a trick for this as well.

When a document is checked out, it doesn't trigger the flow? Any advise, alternate solution?

I know there is already an idea for this but wondering if it is solved while waiting on solution from Flow team.

Thanks in advance,

Parv

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Trying to use REST API to Check In and Check Out a document in a library

File check in/outs are not currently supported by the SharePoint connector, but it is currently a Planned feature on the product roadmap

Please see the Working with folders and files with REST SharePoint documentation and @Chakkaradeep's blog post, Working with the SharePoint Send HTTP Request flow action. You can query the CheckOut status via REST using a query such as:

api/web/GetFileByServerRelativeUrl('{everythingAfterTheDomainUpToTheFilename}/{filenameWithExtension}')/CheckOut()

Finally, the Plumsail SP connector is currently in Preview and offers checking in and checking out of documents with Flow. See their, How to check-in multiple SharePoint documents in Microsoft Flow and Azure Logic Apps blog post. As it is in preview, your mileage may vary.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (8,001)