cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emayen100595
Frequent Visitor

Turn Excel Table Entry (Dynamic Content) into Hyperlink

Hello PowerAutomate Community,

I currently have a Flow that adds a row to an Excel table (using the Excel Online Business connector) whenever a new file is created in SharePoint Online. One of the columns in my excel table is for the name of the file that was created. I achieve this by using the "File Name with Extension" Dynamic Content. However I would like for that title to also be a hyperlink that will take you directly to said file in SharePoint Online. I tried using some simple HTML code inside of the action in Power Automate but that didn't work. How can I achieve this? I'd like to simply be able to click on the file's title in the table to get to that file in SharePoint Online. Any help is appreciated. Thank you! (photos below)

image.png

image.pngimage.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @emayen100595 ,

There is no any way to convert the file name to a link in the excel table in microsoft flow currently.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@emayen100595 you're nearly there. In your excel spreadsheet make sure you have selected the whole column in the table which will have the hyperlink and format it as a hyperlink. Rows added will then be added automatically as a hyperlink from the flow.

In the flow I've added a Get file properties action then in the column for the hyperlink add the Link to item action from the Get file properties section of the dynamic content.

hyperlink_formatColumn.png

hyperlink_flow.png

Hope that works for you.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Thank You! I would like to still use the "File name with extension" section of the Dynamic content while at the same time linking to that same file within the same column! In other words have the files name (using the File Name Dynamic Content) be in and of itself a link to that file.

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @emayen100595 ,

There is no any way to convert the file name to a link in the excel table in microsoft flow currently.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (1,971)