cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zedo
Regular Visitor

Turn month/date into a timestamp

Hello, 

I'm trying to turn something like 11/5/2021 into a UTC time stamp with a time of 1pm CST but putting it in raw isn't working and I can only find help formatting a UTC into a date. Does anyone have a solution they could share? I basically want to set up a self sending reminding email with a date that I pull from the body of the email. I'm able to get the date out but not turn it into a UTC for the Delay until flow.

Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES 4
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Zedo 

I don't know how you are formatting your date, but see my example below.  If that won't work for you, please post a screen shot of your Flow.  Also, I am using an action but you could use an expression instead.  I use 19 because URC is 6 hours ahead of CST.

image.pngimage.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Zedo
Regular Visitor

Zedo_0-1636489475529.png

So i trigger my flow when an email arrives
I grab the index of a key phrase "Ship date"

I grab a X amount of characters around that date which is usually like 11/5/2021 4:01pm

I remove the rest of everything but 11/5/2021 and use that as a due date for my planner but i need to turn it into a UTC format for the email notification.

There is no set time to "add" too sometimes its months in advance something a couple days, i just need to take the month date and year I parse out of the email body and turn it into UTC like 11/5/2021T13:01Z or something that the delay until trigger will accept

mahoneypat
Super User
Super User

You can use your extracted date text in this expression in your Delay Until step.  Replace the red text with your expression (I used a simple compose step to test it out).

formatDateTime(outputs('DateValue')'yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ssZ' )

mahoneypat_0-1636506109102.png

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

So my auto filled date comes as day month year, i'd need a way to flip it to fit the model for formatDateTime

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,550)