cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Turn "Show Publish Date" on any News Post in SharePoint Online automatically

Since SharePoint Online doesn't have the option of "Show Publish Date" turned on by default, it is up to the author of the news posts to turn this on. I've been asked to fix this either by watching every post and turning it on for people who have not done so (after multiple reminders on how to do so) and I'm hoping to find a way to do this via Power Automate. 

If I have to create a separate flow for each site, I'll do so, but we are using a Hub Site and any site in the Hub goes to our News Posts, so if it can be done for the whole Hub site, would be the pie in the sky. 

Since the SitePages doesn't show up with either the Library or List settings, I haven't been very successful in getting anywhere on this so far. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mhines,

I am afraid there is no way could do it in Power Automate, there is a post in techcommunity with the same requirement, you could create some page models and says users to start from a page model instead create an empty page.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint-developer/how-to-make-quot-show-published-date-quo...

Page template:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/page-templates-in-sharepoint-online-faa92408-0c84-4e3d-84...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

While a template could help for this, in theory, even if the "publish date" is on the template, a person could delete it or turn it off. I will still have to open up every News Post to verify that the Publish Date is there. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,200)