cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob_CTL
Helper V
Helper V

Turning SharePoint site and list URL into a variable?

Hi

I have a number of site templates and they have associated flows, I keep a master template of the flows which a user "Saves As" then edits it to update the SharePoint site/list information within the controls.  Some of the flows have a lot of controls that require updating which takes a long time and increases the chance of human error.  So I was wondering if it was possible to get the site URL and list name into a variable so the user just needs to update the initial Flow control then all the ones below it use the variable and thus don't need editing?

Or is there is a better way of templating Flows?

Thanks in advance

Rob

3 REPLIES 3
Jcook
MVP

Hello @Rob_CTL 

Yes you can use Variables for certain fields for SharePoint connector.

Just make sure in your template to select the 'Enter custom value' than click your Variable.

Edit::

Here are some pictures:

Enter Custom Value.png

Parameters Variables.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Hi @Jcook 

Ah, I hadn't thought of doing that way, although that works it would be great if there was a way to get the URL dynamically so the user updating the template only had to change the initial control (When item is added).

Cheers

Rob

hbadhbds

In the dynamic content, the properties are not coming, when I put the site Url in a variable.

hbadhbds_0-1655725587753.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,587)