cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Twitter search to Onedrive Excel - What am I doing wrong?

Hi, I give up and hope someone can explain what I'm doing wrong.  I want when someone tweets or retweets my hashtag for tweet information I selected to create a new row on my excel sheet.  Here is what I have so for and thanks in advice for any help.

twitter to excel.png

twitter to excel failed.pngUpdate

I'm not getting

twitter to excel failed 2.png

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

hi @kimber  its because you need to create inside excel a table with headers and then try to add row into excel and your are going to see fields with your table previusly create.

this.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

Super User III
Super User III

Hi!

The current problem is, 'Add a row into a table' is referencing a table that does not exist yet in your Excel File.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/overview-of-excel-tables-7ab0bb7d-3a9e-4b56-a3c9-6c94334e49...

So either you reference an already existing table in your Excel file -in such case, you can select it from the drop down menu- or, you create a new one. Excel connector currently offers the option to Create a table by means of an specific action block

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@kimber  it's because you are using create worksheet action and you need to add add rows into a table action.

Just an advice try to open a new topic to help you because this is mark already as solved.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

@ChristianAbata   I could just hug you right now.  Thank so much for all the help

8 REPLIES 8
Super User II
Super User II

hi @kimber  its because you need to create inside excel a table with headers and then try to add row into excel and your are going to see fields with your table previusly create.

this.PNG

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Super User III
Super User III

Hi!

The current problem is, 'Add a row into a table' is referencing a table that does not exist yet in your Excel File.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/overview-of-excel-tables-7ab0bb7d-3a9e-4b56-a3c9-6c94334e49...

So either you reference an already existing table in your Excel file -in such case, you can select it from the drop down menu- or, you create a new one. Excel connector currently offers the option to Create a table by means of an specific action block

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Thanks, everyone for the help but I give up. This is too much work to simply track a hashtag, I'll try another next week. 

Have a great weekend

Kim

@ChristianAbata  Who do you know what to put in the column header?  I assume it needs to match what the column will be listing. Such as fullname or followercount.

Thanks

hi @kimber  its not necessary just add a columns name to regcongnice in your flow, where do you need to insert you twitter data.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@ChristianAbata   I have no idea why this is not working. This is what I have and thank you so much for the help. 

Flow.pngspreadsheet.png

@kimber  it's because you are using create worksheet action and you need to add add rows into a table action.

Just an advice try to open a new topic to help you because this is mark already as solved.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@ChristianAbata   I could just hug you right now.  Thank so much for all the help

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,919)