cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
draymond11
Level: Powered On

Two Different Microsoft Forms Flow to One SP List Item

Hello,

I am trying to use two Microsoft Forms to populate data in one SharePoint List item. I'm having difficulty capturing responses from the two separate forms in one item. 

Flow 1

Flow1.PNGSend Form 1, create an item when a submission is recorded. No problems here.

Next, the item created in the previous step initiates an approval. The outcome of the approval dictates the email the requester receives. No problems here:

Flow2C.PNG

Here's where the challenge arises. The requester (different from the requester who submits form 1) submits form 2. I try to use 'Get Items' as a way to link answers from Form 1 and the already created SP List Item to answers from Form 2.

Flow3A.PNG

I then try to join answers from Form 1 and Form 2 to SP List item. Does not work.

Flow3B.PNG

I realize I am doing something incorrectly. Just need some guidance.

Thanks,

Drew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Two Different Microsoft Forms Flow to One SP List Item

@draymond11 

When the second form is submitted, what information can you use to find the correct record to update?  To find the correct record, you'll want to use a Get Items action with a filter query (OData filter).  This means that you need to to do something like this in the filter:  MyColumn eq 'field from form response'

What info in the second form that is submitted can be used to find a record?  This must be a unquire value.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@draymond11 

When the second form is submitted, what information can you use to find the correct record to update?  To find the correct record, you'll want to use a Get Items action with a filter query (OData filter).  This means that you need to to do something like this in the filter:  MyColumn eq 'field from form response'

What info in the second form that is submitted can be used to find a record?  This must be a unquire value.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Why not have 2 flows both of which populate the SharePoint list, one flow for each Microsoft Form?

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Highlighted
draymond11

I have two different flows. The challenge is finding a way to link Form 1 <-->SP List Item <--> Form 2

@RobElliott wrote:

Why not have 2 flows both of which populate the SharePoint list, one flow for each Microsoft Form?

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

draymond11

Thanks, Scott.

The 'connecting mechanism' I ultimately used was the SP List Item 'ID'. 

Users are sent an email with their ID after completing Form 1. They enter ID into Form 2, which tells SP which existing item to update after Form 2 submission. 

All is well.

Drew

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,536)