cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Two trigger conditions based on specific users

Hello, 

it´s my first time here and my first time with MS Power automate. I´m a controler and no informatican. But I hope to digitalisise our invoice process in this way. I hope my request is right here.

I have a folder where new invoice in form of pdf files come to. When two specific users have checked (modified) the invoice, it should be copied and moved to two different folders. With one user as trigger condition it works very well

I used: @equals(triggerBody()?['Editor']?['Email'], 'user@example.de')

but if i want to use two conditions like in the image below it isn´t working.

I also tried to use: @And(equals(triggerBody()?['Editor']?['Email'], 'user@example.de'),equals(triggerBody()?['Editor']?['Email'], 'user2@example.de'))

but it isan´t working, too.

I hope someone can help me. 

Thanks and best regards

Marcus  

Trigger Conditions two user.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Sorry, I misunderstood. It's never going to work how you imagine it. Because the modified field is only ever going to show the last person that modified it.

You could have a custom list with tick boxes on two columns instead, like:

Initial Check Complete

Secondary Check Complete

But if I understand you correctly, I don't think your approach will work and you need to think of a new workflow.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

This should do what you want:

or(
  equals(triggerBody()?['Editor']?['Email'], 'user@example.de'),
  equals(triggerBody()?['Editor']?['Email'], 'user2@example.de')
)

See how you get on. 

Highlighted

Hello Paulie78,

If I use your suggestion, then the flow starts either when user 1 changes the file or when user 2 changes the file.

But in my case both user have to change the file and only then the flow should start. 

Is the problem probably because the column "changed by" shows only the last user who changed the file and don´t save all user who have changed the file? 

Highlighted

Sorry, I misunderstood. It's never going to work how you imagine it. Because the modified field is only ever going to show the last person that modified it.

You could have a custom list with tick boxes on two columns instead, like:

Initial Check Complete

Secondary Check Complete

But if I understand you correctly, I don't think your approach will work and you need to think of a new workflow.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for trying to help me. Now I know my first way to find a solution will never work and I have to find a new way. I already have an idea for that. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,832)