cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Txt file to variable causing issues attempting to split lines

Hey guys,

So I have found a few workarounds for taking an input and using Split to pick the line of text I want, this ultimately will solve an issue I've been messing around with two days. Problem now is that the .txt email attachment I am setting my variable as, shows up as the picture below and Flow doesn't recognize that it has 3 or 4 lines causing errors when trying to use Compose to split it. What's up with all the weird characters??

Example here I'm mimicking - 
New Line Split Example 

Screenshot of what Flow is doing with my input

jarnolky_0-1646324459602.png

Since I cannot attach the .txt file the raw info is below:

system_no cs_no alarm_priority alarm_date disploc_id descr alarm_zone_id minute_age
----------- -------------------- -------------- ----------------------- ---------- ------------------------------ ------------- ----------
1111111 H9999999 5 2022-02-28 16:39:40.033 41 OAC US GENPOP (COMM) 1 16

(1 rows affected)

My overall Flow is that helps, note the Compose Find is where I'm formatting the separate rows and Compose Result outputs the split row I need. 

jarnolky_2-1646325159836.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Without seeing the flow its difficult to analyse it. Check you email? I could check this via a screenshare.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Looks like you have null values passed into your Compose Find expression? What's the expression you using here? You need to check with an IF condition that if the value is null then don't do the expression.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Abm,

The text being passed into that compose is in my original post, there are not null values, but Flow is adding that special character between every letter, space and character for some reason. 

Hi @Anonymous 

Without seeing the flow its difficult to analyse it. Check you email? I could check this via a screenshare.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really appreciate the help @abm!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,829)