cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenDenBlanken
Level: Powered On

UI Flows for desktop no longer working

Hi all,

A generic topic title but all my UI Flows which I have previously build are no longer working. Last week I had build the calculator sample and another which worked fine. Now when I try to run them I get an error on the first step after the launch. The complete error is on the post below. All other desktop UI Flows I build have the same error.

Is this a known issue? It's kinda sad as I wanted to show this functionality at our local user group this tuesday 😅

Here is a screenshot of the flow:

UIFlowError.jpg

Here is the complete error:

GeneralScriptExecutionError. Script execution failed with exception: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Error converting value "68;46;125;41" to type 'System.Windows.Rect'. Path 'elementStack[0].boundingRectangle'. ---> System.ArgumentException: Could not cast or convert from System.String to System.Windows.Rect. at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.EnsureTypeAssignable(Object value, Type initialType, Type targetType) at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.ConvertOrCast(Object initialValue, CultureInfo culture, Type targetType) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(JsonReader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type targetType) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(JsonReader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type targetType) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateList(IList list, JsonReader reader, JsonArrayContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateList(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, Object existingValue, String id) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType) at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.ToObject(Type objectType, JsonSerializer jsonSerializer) at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.ToObject(Type objectType) at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.ToObject[T]() at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Agent.Engine.Operations.UIAActionHelper.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<<ExecuteUIAAction>b__0>d.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Common.Algorithms.AsyncRetry.<Retry>d__3`1.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Common.Algorithms.AsyncRetry.<Retry>d__3`1.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Agent.Engine.Operations.UIAActionHelper.<ExecuteUIAAction>d__3.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Agent.Engine.Operations.RpaBaseAction.<OnExecute>d__3.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Agent.Engine.RpaScriptExecutionEngine.<ExecuteActionOperation>d__8.MoveNext()

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
RandomDeveloper
Level: Power Up

Re: UI Flows for desktop no longer working

Hello, 

i've also faced the same issue...it seems to be a bug, however i managed to workaround the issue by editing the json related to the action and changing the character ";" to "," for the boundingRectangle property. 

Example: "boundingRectangle": "96,0,946,728"

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
RandomDeveloper
Level: Power Up

Hello, 

i've also faced the same issue...it seems to be a bug, however i managed to workaround the issue by editing the json related to the action and changing the character ";" to "," for the boundingRectangle property. 

Example: "boundingRectangle": "96,0,946,728"

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

BenDenBlanken

Hi,

Thank you this "worked". It's strange this now happens and very annoying to change all steps.

rafaelsilva1

Someone, please fix this is so annoying having to change all of the steps...

Microsoft Lan
Microsoft

This is a bug on some international locale. We had released a QFE on 2/12. Please download the new one and try again it should fix the issue. Please let us know if you still see unexpected behaviors. Thank you very much for your feedback! 

Lan Li

Program manager Microsoft

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,259)