Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenDenBlanken
Advocate I
Advocate I

UI Flows for desktop no longer working

Hi all,

A generic topic title but all my UI Flows which I have previously build are no longer working. Last week I had build the calculator sample and another which worked fine. Now when I try to run them I get an error on the first step after the launch. The complete error is on the post below. All other desktop UI Flows I build have the same error.

Is this a known issue? It's kinda sad as I wanted to show this functionality at our local user group this tuesday 😅

Here is a screenshot of the flow:

UIFlowError.jpg

Here is the complete error:

GeneralScriptExecutionError. Script execution failed with exception: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Error converting value "68;46;125;41" to type 'System.Windows.Rect'. Path 'elementStack[0].boundingRectangle'. ---> System.ArgumentException: Could not cast or convert from System.String to System.Windows.Rect. at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.EnsureTypeAssignable(Object value, Type initialType, Type targetType) at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.ConvertOrCast(Object initialValue, CultureInfo culture, Type targetType) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(JsonReader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type targetType) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(JsonReader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type targetType) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateList(IList list, JsonReader reader, JsonArrayContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateList(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, Object existingValue, String id) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType) at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.ToObject(Type objectType, JsonSerializer jsonSerializer) at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.ToObject(Type objectType) at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.ToObject[T]() at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Agent.Engine.Operations.UIAActionHelper.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<<ExecuteUIAAction>b__0>d.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Common.Algorithms.AsyncRetry.<Retry>d__3`1.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Common.Algorithms.AsyncRetry.<Retry>d__3`1.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Agent.Engine.Operations.UIAActionHelper.<ExecuteUIAAction>d__3.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Agent.Engine.Operations.RpaBaseAction.<OnExecute>d__3.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Agent.Engine.RpaScriptExecutionEngine.<ExecuteActionOperation>d__8.MoveNext()

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

i've also faced the same issue...it seems to be a bug, however i managed to workaround the issue by editing the json related to the action and changing the character ";" to "," for the boundingRectangle property. 

Example: "boundingRectangle": "96,0,946,728"

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

Lan
Microsoft
Microsoft

This is a bug on some international locale. We had released a QFE on 2/12. Please download the new one and try again it should fix the issue. Please let us know if you still see unexpected behaviors. Thank you very much for your feedback! 

Lan Li

Program manager Microsoft

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

i've also faced the same issue...it seems to be a bug, however i managed to workaround the issue by editing the json related to the action and changing the character ";" to "," for the boundingRectangle property. 

Example: "boundingRectangle": "96,0,946,728"

Hope it helps

Hi,

Thank you this "worked". It's strange this now happens and very annoying to change all steps.

Someone, please fix this is so annoying having to change all of the steps...

Lan
Microsoft
Microsoft

This is a bug on some international locale. We had released a QFE on 2/12. Please download the new one and try again it should fix the issue. Please let us know if you still see unexpected behaviors. Thank you very much for your feedback! 

Lan Li

Program manager Microsoft

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,545)