cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Flows with Excel

I'm really interested in using UI flows to help complete a repetitive task within my company's web-based platform. 

I currently use Flow to send emails from an excel table.  Each email has an identifying ID number that matches a line item within my company's web-based platform.  I'm trying to create a flow that will go to column A Row 1, copy the ID, paste in the web program, and add a text based note to reflect that an email had been sent. 

I created a test within the Selenium IDE in the Edge browser and it worked perfectly for a single row.  But I'm having trouble creating a loop where the data moves to the next line.  If anyone else has attempted something similar, I'm interested in hearing how you completed this.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @patrickquarry ,

Have you taken more try to achieve the requirement?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Frequent Visitor

Hi @patrickquarry  

Within the Selenium IDE you can define a variable ${VariableA}, representing the value that you want to paste in you web program. 

You then need to have a list of your variables, excel perhaps, created as a table.

When setting up the FLOW, it will automatically recognize that your Selenium recording requires a variable, you can then use "List items present in table" action to get the variables from the excel table. use this as input to your recording. 

this is a helpful video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJLoypP78Ak&t=960s

/E

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,720)