cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrickquarry

UI Flows with Excel

I'm really interested in using UI flows to help complete a repetitive task within my company's web-based platform. 

I currently use Flow to send emails from an excel table.  Each email has an identifying ID number that matches a line item within my company's web-based platform.  I'm trying to create a flow that will go to column A Row 1, copy the ID, paste in the web program, and add a text based note to reflect that an email had been sent. 

I created a test within the Selenium IDE in the Edge browser and it worked perfectly for a single row.  But I'm having trouble creating a loop where the data moves to the next line.  If anyone else has attempted something similar, I'm interested in hearing how you completed this.

2 REPLIES 2
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @patrickquarry ,

Have you taken more try to achieve the requirement?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

einarcardona
Frequent Visitor

Hi @patrickquarry  

Within the Selenium IDE you can define a variable ${VariableA}, representing the value that you want to paste in you web program. 

You then need to have a list of your variables, excel perhaps, created as a table.

When setting up the FLOW, it will automatically recognize that your Selenium recording requires a variable, you can then use "List items present in table" action to get the variables from the excel table. use this as input to your recording. 

this is a helpful video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJLoypP78Ak&t=960s

/E

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,437)