Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Calheiro
Helper I
Helper I

UPDATING A SHAREPOINT LIST

Hello everyone.

I'm new to Power Automate and can't seem to find much help online.

I've been trying to create a flow that updates a Sharepoint List with data of an Excel File stored at the Site Assets Folder of the Site. I've already tried some tutorials but I can't seem to make it work. The List has the same columns as the Excel File: Models, Order, Activities and Closure Date. The goal is to whenever the Excel File gets updated it also refreshes the List and whenever a new row is created on the file it also creates a new entry on the List. It seems so simple but I'm struggling. Pls, HELP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Calheiro,

Do you want to Synchronize SP list based on excel updates?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

vqiaqimsft_0-1639468630034.pngvqiaqimsft_1-1639468687905.png

Write the following expression for the condition:

length(outputs('Get_items')?['body/value'])

vqiaqimsft_2-1639468894573.png

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @Calheiro 

Could you share your workflow so far, so we can recommend next actions or improvements?

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Calheiro,

Do you want to Synchronize SP list based on excel updates?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

vqiaqimsft_0-1639468630034.pngvqiaqimsft_1-1639468687905.png

Write the following expression for the condition:

length(outputs('Get_items')?['body/value'])

vqiaqimsft_2-1639468894573.png

Best Regards,
Qi

First of all, thanks for replying.

That's it, that's the whole scenario: All I want is a flow that updates a SP List whenever a Excel Document gets updated on the same SP Site. I've been using this guide below to try and make it right:
Use Power Automate to Update Large SharePoint Lists — Welcome to techresa

I can't actually show my flow because it would be much work to translate everything, but I guarantee it's identical to the one the guide linked above is trying to teach. But anyways,
I've also tried your method, but I got an error message similar to the one flow I created using the guide I mentioned: "Folder Not Found" at the Get Items Actions inside the first Apply to Each. I can't figure out what I've been doing wrong. I starting to think that for the same error to occur it must be a problem stored within the List, but I really don't know. If you have any hints, I would thank you very much.

Hey there! Thank you so much for replying.

Sorry I took so long to check. I couldn't see the notification in my emails, but anyways,

I can't actually show you my flow because it would be much work to translate everything, but it's identical to the one this guide is teaching to create:
Use Power Automate to Update Large SharePoint Lists — Welcome to techresa

Also, there are more details in the reply to @v-qiaqi-msft.

fchopo
Super User
Super User

"Folder not found" means that you're referencing an incorrect path, I guess when you're getting the excel rows?... But anyway, really difficult to help you with that information. I would follow the steps done by @v-qiaqi-msft or the blog itself.

Regards,
Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hey, I was in a rush so I made a few mistakes at some fields in the Get Items Actions.

Cutting to the chase, I was referencing the column the wrong way. I just watched a few tutorials and got it right.

Your answer worked as a charm. Thank you very much!

JoJM
Regular Visitor

Ok, I have done this exact thing, step by step for more than a few hours now and multiple ways still not getting anywhere trying to update a Sharepoint List from and Excel via PowerAutomate. Can anyone please help before I throw this PC out.

Having this exact same issue how do you fix this... Its driving me nuts.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,834)