cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
SaifAli Helper II
Helper II

URL encoding breaking the actual URL

Hi Team,

 

So currently I'm using a Flow in which i have to send a mail which contains a link, so for basic HTML i used <a href="myurl">click here</a>

 

but the problem is that my url contains some characters such as ":","!" and others which get encoded to their ASCII values like %3A,%20 etc. 

 

and in result when i actually click on the "click here" it gives me a 404 

 

Is there any function which can help me overcome this and pass the actual URL?

 

my current URL : https://{my organisation name}-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/r/personal/!Saif_Ali_{my organisation name}_com/Documents/Attachments/209249

 

encoded one : https://{my organisation name}-my.sharepoint.com/%3Af%3A/r/personal/%21%20%20%20%20%20Saif_Ali_{my organisation name}_com/Documents/Attachments/209249

 

Need some help!!Smiley Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: URL encoding breaking the actual URL

@SaifAli 

Hi there!  I don't know too much about SharePoint, but it looks like the ascii version has a bunch of spaces between the ! and your name, you may want to start there.

 

"personal/!Saif_Ali_" should translate to "personal/%21Saif_Ali_"  NOT "personal/%21%20%20%20%20%20Saif_Ali_"...  take another look at how that is being built and see if something weird is happening there.  (Try pasting the ascii version without the %20's into your browser to see if that's the fix).

 

-Ed-

 

 

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: URL encoding breaking the actual URL

@SaifAli 

Hi there!  I don't know too much about SharePoint, but it looks like the ascii version has a bunch of spaces between the ! and your name, you may want to start there.

 

"personal/!Saif_Ali_" should translate to "personal/%21Saif_Ali_"  NOT "personal/%21%20%20%20%20%20Saif_Ali_"...  take another look at how that is being built and see if something weird is happening there.  (Try pasting the ascii version without the %20's into your browser to see if that's the fix).

 

-Ed-

 

 

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

SaifAli Helper II
Helper II

Re: URL encoding breaking the actual URL

Thanks @edgonzales 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,643)