Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anirudh230
Frequent Visitor

URLs from MS-forms to excel change format

Hi,

I am trying to make a connection between MS-form and Excel sheet saved on an OneDrive location.

Images(6 images) are being uploaded to MS-form which are being saved as urls.

Issue

When it comes to saving the urls from MS-form, The format of the urls change and along with that none of them are accessible.

This is the depiction of above problem

URL of image: 

blahblahblah/Sketch_anonymous.png

Value saved on sheet: 

[{"name":"Sketch_anonymous.png","link":"blahblahblah/Sketch_anonymous.png","id":"01Y36AVBVPOAX7NACGM4ZG","type":null,"size":187170,"referenceId":"01Y36AVZL63QKD","driveId":"b!1Rb8u9FYlbVTI-2RKfh","status":1,"uploadSessionUrl":null}]

Any solution or workaround to this will be appreciated!

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: URLs from MS-forms to excel change format

HI @Anirudh230 

You can save only the file ID and then get the file contents by using the action "Get File Contents" or other information using the "Get File Metadata." With this,If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel you don't need to worry about file paths and URLs since you'll get that from those actions.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Anirudh230 

The files uploaded on an MS Forms form are stored in OneDrive. To get the link to that item (basically that particular file), you can follow the steps here first to retrieve the file location: https://www.bythedevs.com/post/working-with-files-on-ms-forms-in-ms-power-automate 

Instead of the get file content, use the create sharing link by path action: 

ffr.PNG

Hope this helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Anirudh230
Frequent Visitor

hi @manuelstgomes  and @yashag2255 

Is there a way to give multiple JSON inputs and get multiple links?Sketch.pngmultiple input attachments

I tried out your solution and got this! any workarounds?

Sketch2.pngunidentified file format

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Anirudh230 

Nope It is not going to work like that. A better option would be to parse json on each single item over there or in a single question ask user to upload multiple files. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,574)