Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diegoandre10
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Udpate item on sharepoint list

Hi all

I am trying to update an item with a flow considering the ID.

Once I create an item, the flow should concatanate a "TP" with the ID that sharepoint assigns automatically.

Example:

tccc.png

Flow is:

TPID.PNG

when I run the flow it goes from 1 to 100 only, but should go beyond 100.

tpid update.PNG

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@diegoandre10 

By default, Get items returns only 100 items.  If you are using the Flow license that comes with Office 365, you can set it up to a maximum of 5,000 items.  If you have a premium license, the maximum is somewhere above 200K.

To change the maximum number of items that will be returned, click on the ellipsis for the action and then click on settings.  Then turn pagination on and set the threshold to a maximum of 5,000 (for a non-premium license). Make sure that you click on Done when you are finished.

MaxItems1.jpgMaxItems2.jpg

Going forward, I think you would be better off creating a Flow that runs when a new item is created and setting the Project ID at that time.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@diegoandre10 

By default, Get items returns only 100 items.  If you are using the Flow license that comes with Office 365, you can set it up to a maximum of 5,000 items.  If you have a premium license, the maximum is somewhere above 200K.

To change the maximum number of items that will be returned, click on the ellipsis for the action and then click on settings.  Then turn pagination on and set the threshold to a maximum of 5,000 (for a non-premium license). Make sure that you click on Done when you are finished.

MaxItems1.jpgMaxItems2.jpg

Going forward, I think you would be better off creating a Flow that runs when a new item is created and setting the Project ID at that time.

Scott

View solution in original post

Awesomeeee

Thanks a lot. When you say "Going forward, I think you would be better off creating a Flow that runs when a new item is created and setting the Project ID at that time."

You mean is better not to have a flow? I wanted to use the project ID as the way of updating an item via Forms. 

Lets say you open the form, you will be asked for the project ID, you type it and then you update the sharepoint list. You think is not necessary the update project id flow?

Thanks!

@diegoandre10 

First, if you want to use a Flow, it makes more sense to me to set the column value when a new item is created rather than using a recurrence trigger.

The ID that SharePoint  assigns is what you said you are using - that will never change so your users should have no reason to edit the column.  I would consider customizing the forms with PowerApps and making that column read-only.

Finally, if you are using the I'D that is assigned by SharePoint, you could make it much more simple by using a calculated column.  That would eliminate the need for a Flow.

Just my opinion....

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,234)